Back pain is probably the most common issue that we see as chiropractors in Greensboro and Winston-Salem. And it’s typically the first thing that prompts someone to call us.
At Liringis Chiropractic, we address your pain by using natural, manual methods to correct subluxations (misalignment) of the spine, neck, hips and other joints that can cause back pain.
Periodic or chronic pain in your back can be debilitating and have a moderate to severe impact on lifestyle and happiness:
- Trouble concentrating
- Lower energy levels
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased frustration
- Increased depression
- Decreased enjoyment of life
Back Pain Facts:
- More than 50% of Americans experience some degree of back pain every year.
- Emergency room doctors note that back pain is the most common complaint they receive.
- Pain in the lower back is one of the most common causes of disability in the U.S.
- The annual cost of treating back pain in the U.S. is second only to cancer.
Causes of Back Pain and Lower Back Pain
The number one cause of back pain, especially in the lower back, is a misalignment of the spine. The onset of back pain can be sudden, due to a traumatic experience, or it can occur gradually over time. Sometimes our patients come in with no knowledge of how or when their back pain began. You, too, may be wondering how your spine became misaligned.
The truth is, back pain caused by misalignment of the spine (or subluxations) can occur for a variety of reasons. An injury, illness or other traumatic experience can often be the culprit behind a problem with back pain. The most common cause of back and lower back pain is physical trauma. Other causes can include chemical toxicity and stress.
Back pain due to subluxation of the spine can be caused by the following triggers:
- Auto accidents
- Athletic injuries
- On-the-job injuries
- Childbirth (mother and child)
- Kidney Stones
- Blood clots
- Poor sleeping position
- Excessive/repeated exposure to chemicals
- Artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives in food
- Personal hygiene products
- Cleaning products
- New product odors
- And more
Is My Back Pain Caused by a Spine Misalignment?
- If there is a dysfunction in your spine, it will often show up first as back pain. Your spinal column consists of bones, called vertebrae, and strong ligaments that help your spine keep both its shape and stability. Vertebrae are soft discs that act as shock absorbers for small impacts on your spine, like walking and running, and larger impacts on your spine, such as an automobile accident or football tackle. Your vertebrae sort of cushion the blow each time.
- Even with all of this protection, the spine and the spinal cord can be highly susceptible to injury. Every nerve in your body is connected to your spinal cord, and these nerves act as the communication highway between your brain and your body.
- Chiropractic care is the most natural healing process for back pain. We focus on a drug-free and surgery-free approach to serve your overall health needs.
Here are some tell-tale signs that your spine may be misaligned and causing your pain:
At Liringis Chiropractic, we want to heal your back pain and get you on the road to better health as soon as possible. Our team is here to answer all of your questions and help you feel comfortable. One of our friendly and knowledgeable team members is always happy to help.